Thanks for volunteering to mentor a 5th grade group for exhibition. In your first meeting, have them share their exhibition folder from google drive with you and make any comments or changes and modifications to their essential agreement that your team feels would help them do an excellent job for exhibition. Have them share the central idea and line of inquiry and other information. As they add to their folder, make comment in the comment section of google doc.
We know this takes so much extra effort and time. we really appreciate all your help! If you have questions or need anything, please let us know.
Role of Mentor
- Check your groups’ google doc folders weekly
- Familiarize yourself with the Central Idea, your groups’ Lines of Inquiry, and questions
- Monitor your student groups’ progress using the timeline as a guide
- Provide feedback to students and teachers using comment section in google docs
- Provide guidance in weekly goal setting
- Meet with your groups two to three times per week according to the timeline
- Help students follow their essential agreement
- Help students develop initial questions
- Categorize the questions into concepts
- Please review your groups’ research and reflections on google drive and add comments to their comment section.
- Discuss information that students have found that doesn’t really fit a question
- Help your groups develop deeper questions and possibly create questions that fit additional information
- Help students gather resources
- Make contacts for human resources and arrange meetings.
- Help with Internet searches by locating and previewing websites- add websites to groups’ google drive accounts
- Provide guidance to make sure students' research aligns with Cl, LOI.
- Review reflections
- Review notes and bibliography information
- Use the google doc planning sheet to help students plan and edit presentation (Google Slides, Flipcharts, plays, posters, etc.) Please help our students utilize more sophisticated technology within their presentations.
- Provide feedback.
- Help locate materials for presentation.
- Be a constructively critical audience during rehearsal.
Websites for Students
Good websites found by mentors that students can use as they research